/* mobile /* end mobile MEDDESKTOP: Preventing Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Preventing Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

The winter is coming and there could be interruptions to electricity due to storms and other emergencies, leading to seek other power solutions. Always use portable generators, camp stoves, and charcoal and gas grills outside to prevent deadly CO poisoning.
  • Never use a gas range or oven to heat a home.
  • Never leave the motor running in a vehicle parked in an enclosed or partially enclosed space, such as a garage.
  • Never run a motor vehicle, generator, pressure washer, or any gasoline-powered engine outside an open window, door, or vent where exhaust can vent into an enclosed area.
  • Never run a generator, pressure washer, or any gasoline-powered engine inside a basement, garage, or other enclosed structure, even if the doors or windows are open, unless the equipment is professionally installed and vented. Keep vents and flues free of debris, especially if winds are high. Flying debris can block ventilation lines.
  • Never use a charcoal grill, hibachi, lantern, or portable camping stove inside a home, tent, or camper.
  • If conditions are too hot or too cold, seek shelter with friends or at a community shelter.
  • If CO poisoning is suspected, call your local Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1222 or consult a health care professional right away.
More info at CDC

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin