- Do not eat any products produced by Wholesome Soy Products, Inc. These products include:
- Bean sprouts
- Soft tofu
- Firm tofu
- Fried tofu pouches
- Triangular tofu
- Fried tofu
- White tofu
- Soybean noodles
- Soy milk
- If you think you might have become ill with signs and symptoms of listeriosis after eating products produced by Wholesome Soy Products, Inc., consult your health care provider.
- If any products from Wholesome Soy Products, Inc. are or were in your home:
- Dispose of products in a closed plastic bag placed in a sealed trash can to prevent people and animals from eating the products.
- Wash the inside walls and shelves of the refrigerator, cutting boards, and countertops; then sanitize these items with a solution of one tablespoon of chlorine bleach to one gallon of hot water.
- Dry these items with a clean cloth or clean paper towel.
- Wipe up spills in the refrigerator immediately, and clean the refrigerator regularly.
- Always wash your hands with warm water and soap after cleaning and sanitizing.
- Always practice food safety to avoid illness from contaminated sprouts.
- Be aware that sprouts are a known source of foodborne illness.
- Make sure that children, older adults, pregnant women, and people with weakened immune systems avoid eating raw sprouts of any kind (including alfalfa, clover, radish, and mung bean sprouts).
- Cook sprouts thoroughly to reduce the risk of illness. Cooking sprouts thoroughly kills harmful bacteria.
Sunday, November 16, 2014
CDC Advice : Do not eat any products produced by Wholesome Soy Products, Inc.
Wholesome Soy Products, Inc. Sprouts Recall and Investigation of Human Listeriosis Cases;