FDA released “Driving Biomedical Innovation: Initiatives for Improving Products for Patients.”a new report today, The report outlines “immediate steps that can be taken to drive biomedical innovation, while improving the health of Americans."
The blueprint focuses on implementing the following major actions:
• rebuilding FDA’s small business outreach services
• building the infrastructure to drive and support personalized medicine
• creating a rapid drug development pathway for important targeted therapies
• harnessing the potential of data mining and information sharing while protecting patient privacy
• improving consistency and clarity in the medical device review process
• training the next generation of innovators
• streamlining and reforming FDA regulations.
It is very timely and we are in need of it.
FDA released a report containing immediate steps that can be taken to drive biomedical innovation, while improving the health of Americans. The report addresses concerns about the medical product development pipeline, one of the most pressing challenges facing the biomedical industries.
Release of the report, kicks off a new FDA-wide Innovation Initiative, which promises to redouble the agency’s efforts to encourage innovations that will promote public health as well as strengthen the American economy.
We are committed to continuing our dialogue with companies, innovators, patients, and other stakeholders to identify barriers to progress and better define what steps need to be taken to overcome any obstacles to innovation.
Printer Friendly PDF (6.3MB)
Press Release: FDA commissioner outlines steps to spur biomedical innovation, improve health of Americans