Shopping Channel HSN Agrees to Pay $875,000 Civil Penalty
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) announced today that HSN LP (previously known as Home Shopping Network), of St. Petersburg, Fla., has agreed to pay a civil penalty of $875,000. The civil penalty settles allegations that HSN LP failed to report in a timely manner, as required by federal law, serious injuries and hazards with the Welbilt Electronic Pressure Cookers.Gap Outlet Recalls Boys’ Jackets; Drawstring at Waist Poses Entrapment Hazard
In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Gap Outlet, operated by Gap Inc., of San Francisco, Calif., is voluntarily recalling about 16,200 “Warmest Jacket” Boys’ Jackets. The jackets have a waist drawstring with a toggle that could become snagged or caught in small spaces or doorways, which can pose an entrapment hazard to children.North American Breaker Co. Recalls Counterfeit Circuit Breakers Due to Fire Hazard
In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), North American Breaker Co. Inc. (NABCO), of Burbank, Calif., is voluntarily recalling about 50,000 Counterfeit Circuit Breakers. The recalled circuit breakers labeled “Square D” have been determined by Square D to be counterfeit and can fail to trip when they are overloaded, posing a fire hazard to consumers.Tot Tower Blocks Recalled by eeBoo Corp.; Children’s Toy Can Pose Choking Hazard
In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), eeBoo Corp., of New York, N.Y., is voluntarily recalling about 170,000 Tot Tower toy blocks. The plastic covering on the toy blocks can detach, posing a choking hazard to children.World Dryer Recalls to Repair Hand and Hair Dryers Due to Electric Shock Hazard
In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), World Dryer Corp., of Berkeley Ill., is voluntarily recalling about 25,000 World Dryer and Bradley Brand Hand and Hair Dryers. Some of the nozzles on these dryers are not grounded. If an electrical component comes into contact with an ungrounded nozzle, it can pose a shock hazard to consumers.