/* mobile /* end mobile MEDDESKTOP: CPSC Recalls For 22ndDecember 2007

Saturday, December 22, 2007

CPSC Recalls For 22ndDecember 2007


bullet Super Magnet Toys Recalled by MTC Due to Aspiration and Intestinal Hazards
In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Man’s Trading Company, of Brisbane, Calif., is voluntarily recalling about 2,800 Super Magnet Toys. The magnet attached to the bottom of a small toy panda can detach. If swallowed or aspirated by young children, the magnets can attract each other internally and cause intestinal perforations or blockages, which can be fatal.
bullet Teething Rings Recalled by Empire Silver Due to Choking Hazard
In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Empire Silver Company, of Brooklyn, N.Y., is voluntarily recalling about 1,000 Sterling Silver Teething Rings. The silver ball that holds the ring in place can separate and release the beads inside. This poses a choking and aspiration hazard to infants.
bullet Pressure Cookers Recalled By Manttra Inc. Due to Burn Hazard
In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Manttra Inc., of Virginia Beach, Va., is voluntarily recalling about 38,250 Pressure Cookers. If the pressure cookers are not closed properly, the lid can separate and allow hot contents to spill out. This poses a risk of burns to consumers.
bullet Girls’ Hooded Sweatshirts with Drawstrings Recalled by Liberty Apparel Due to Strangulation Hazard
In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Liberty Apparel Co. Inc., of New York, N.Y., is voluntarily recalling about 12,000 Jewel brand girls’ hooded sweatshirts. The garments have a drawstring through the hood, which can pose a strangulation hazard to children.
bullet Lenox Recalls Covered Warmer Dishes Due to Fire and Burn Hazards
In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Lenox Group Inc., of Bristol, Pa., is voluntarily recalling about 43,000 Covered Warmer Dishes with Racks. Flames from the tea candle can extend up the sides of the dish. In addition, a label on the bottom of the dish causes excessive smoke when exposed to the flame. This poses fire and burn hazards to consumers.

Tags: ,

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin