Friday, October 12, 2007

Infant Cold and caugh medicines recalled

I do not take over the counter medicines that most of the people are used to take. The advertisements on TV make it look like that you have to have cold medicines and the likes of Tylenol to get through the day. But I have not come to need of such things. I am able to continue with little discomfort through day to day life and cold bouts. I am against any child being given these kind of medicines. But I am not an expert, I just know what works for me. I do take my vitamins.
Here is a news post from New York Times;
WASHINGTON, Oct. 11 — Major makers of over-the-counter infant cough and cold medicines announced Thursday that they were withdrawing their products from the market for fear that they could be misused. (Really?)
The withdrawal comes two weeks after safety reviewers within the Food and Drug Administration urged the agency to consider an outright ban of over-the-counter cough and cold products for children under 6. Even the industry’s main trade group, the Consumer Healthcare Products Association, recommended two weeks ago that the products not be used in infants.
continued to sell cough and cold products labeled for infants. Last week, Representative Despite the recommendation, giant drug makers like Johnson & Johnson, Wyeth and NovartisHenry A. Waxman, the California Democrat who is chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, sent a letter to the industry’s trade association asking why the products were still being sold.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin