Data collection elicited:
1) demographic characteristics;
2) social networks;
3) social and cultural activity;
4) physical and mental health including cognition;
7) medications and alternative therapies;
8) history of sexual and intimate partnerships; and
9) patient-physician communication.
NSHAP also collected important health information in the home, prioritizing non-invasive collection techniques and cutting edge technology that minimizes respondent burden. NSHAP plans to conduct follow-up interviews with respondents every three years to collect longitudinal data.
This invaluable data is made available to public through ICPSR.